General Visa Requirements for U.S. Passport Holders
American citizens, with valid U.S. passport, who wish to travel to Kuwait can now obtain visa at any port of entry in the country . For further clarification contact the Kuwaiti Embassy, Consular Section, (202-966-0702) to request a visa application or download the application above. If you do not hold a U.S. passport, you must contact your local embassy for the proper requirements.
You must provide:
1) Two (2) copies of the visa application completed in full. Duplicates are accepted.
2) A passport with a minimum of three (3) months validity.
3) Two (2) passport photographs
4) A self-addressed stamped envelope for return by certified or registered mail, if applying by mail.
5) The required fee as noted below. The Fee must be paid by cash, money order, or company check.
6) Varying additional papers as noted below.
If a spouse or family member is accompanying the applicant, the Work Permit, or Letter of Appointment must indicate this.
PLEASE NOTE: The processing time for a visa is usually 10 working days. Please take this into consideration when making your travel plans.
Entry visas for U.S. citizens are valid for ten (10) years from date of issue for a maximum stay of one month.
People traveling to Kuwait on business will need to submit a letter from the firm requesting the visa in addition to the general requirements.
Persons going for employment
In addition to the general visa requirements, persons going for employment to Kuwait must provide:
1) A letter of appointment from Kuwait, if the applicant will be working for the Kuwaiti Government.
2) An official Work Permit issued by the General Department of Immigration Affairs in Kuwait, if the applicant is going to be working in the private sector.
3) A police clearance certificate, obtainable through your local police station.
4) A complete physical examination for contagious or disabling diseases including HIV, Viral Hepatitis B, and Viral Hepatitis C.
The fee for an ENTRY VISA is $24.00 in the United States; the fee for an ENTRY VISA for EMPLOYMENT is $44.00 in the United States.
Transit visas are valid for a maximum stay of 72 hours. In addition to the general requirements, applicants for a transit visa will require:
1) A copy of travel tickets confirming date of arrival, departure and carrier flight numbers.
2) A copy of visa for entry into the final destination country.
The fee for a transit visa for U.S. citizens is $8.00.
No Objection Certificate
A No Objection Certificate can be obtained by relatives or friends living in Kuwait. In this case, no visa is required prior to travel.
Requirements for a Visitors Visa to Kuwait
1) A written request submitted to the Embassy concerned for a Visa.
2) Two visa applications from the Embassy to be filled and signed by the applicant.
3) Original passport to be sent with the written request.
4) Proof of a return airline ticket.
5) Two Photos.
6) The Fees for a Visa differ from Embassy to Embassy.
1) The passport should have at least a one year minimum validity.
2) Business Visa applicants will also need a letter addressed to the Embassy from his/her respective company requesting the Visa.
3) A visit document can be obtained from friends or relatives in Kuwait, thus no Visa will then be required prior to travel.
4) Applications sent by mail to the Embassy concerned should include a stamped self-addressed envelope for return by certified or registered mail.
Requirements for an Employment Visa to Kuwait
1) Two Visa applications from the Embassy to be filled and signed by the applicant.
2) Original passport.
3) Two photos.
4) Applicants with a Government contract must provide A Letter of Appointment from Kuwait when applying for a Visa.
5) Applicants going to work in the Private Sector need an official Work Permit prior to applying for a Visa.
6) A Complete Physical Examination for contagious or disabling diseases including an AIDS test.
7) A Police Clearance Certificate.
8) If family members are accompanying the applicant, the Work Permit or Letter of Appointment must state this.
9) The Fees for a Visa differ from Embassy to Embassy.
1) The passport should have at least a one-year minimum validity.
2) Applications sent by mail to the Embassy concerned should include a stamped self-addressed envelope for return by certified or registered mail.
Embassy of the State of Kuwait
2940 Tilden Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20008